Book Journal: Books 43-49
43. The Hum and the Shiver - Alex Bledsoe
What if music and magic were so intertwined there was no difference between them? A very nice "rural fantasy" novel by someone who is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors.
44. 7th Sigma - Steven Gould
Ferrett dropped this one into my suitcase the last time I visited, and I enjoyed it immensely.
45. The Mill River Recluse - Darcie Chan
46. AWOL on the Appalachian Trail - David Miller
47. The Wedding Gift - Marlen Bodden
48. Wife by Wednesday - Catherine Bybee
All four of these were $0.99 or $1.99 books I bought on my Kindle and tore through over vacation. They were fast, easy reads, but very interesting. Except maybe Wife By Wednesday, which was a very formulaic romance novel (I hadn't really put much thought into it when I bought it, and by the time I was like 20 pages into it, I knew how it would end.)
49. Illegal Alien - Robert Sawyer
This is an older book of his, but just recently available on Kindle. I blew through it on the plane but I thought it was very interesting - seven aliens land on earth, and all is fine until one of them is put on trial for murder.
One more to go! ;)